There are a million ways to make an omelette and its one of the more diverse ways to get some calories and vegetables into your morning routine. This is, by no means, a revolutionary omelette, but its one of my favorite combinations. Enjoy!
If you’re struggling getting it right, check out this video.
- 3 large eggs (try for pastured/free range/local if you can!)
- 2 Small Crimini or White Button Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Butter from Grass Fed Cows
- 1/2 Handful of Fresh spinach
- 1oz soft goat cheese
- Chop spinach into small slices (or use baby spinach if you’d like)
- Slice mushrooms
- Preheat pan to medium heat (non-stick if available)
- In a non-reactive bowl, whisk eggs and mix in the spinach
- Melt butter in the pan and coat evenly
- Pour egg mixture into pan
- Once the eggs begin to set, stir gently
- Add the goat cheese (spread out) and mushrooms
- Once the eggs have almost set through, but before there is any browning, fold the omelette and serve warm
- Serving size is the entire recipe
- If you’re using a stainless steel pan that is not non stick, gently tap the pan on the stove top or a cutting board to help release the omelette if it seems stuck.