This is an easy go-to breakfast that lasts one person about 3 days. Combine this with some fruit or more protein for an excellent meal that will keep you full until lunch!
- 9 large eggs (try for pastured/free range/local if you can!)
- 1Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 slices of your favorite bacon (or roughly 4oz worth)
- 1 medium sweet pepper
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 Tbsp of coconut flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour)
- 4 stalks of green onion tops
- 1/4 Cheddar Cheese (Replace this with a bit of goat cheese or leave it out if you have dairy issues)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk all 9 eggs together
- Chop Vegetables into small but equal sizes
- Chop raw bacon into small pieces
- Slice green onions
- Mix all vegetables in with the eggs, add the coconut flour and stir in thoroughly. (The coconut flour can be omitted, but it makes the egg bake lighter and fluffier.)
- Grease a 9×11 baking dish with the coconut oil
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish (non reactive, glass or ceramic is what I prefer)
- Bake at 350 degrees until firm/done, 30-35 minutes approximately.
- Serving size is 1/3 the entire recipe, or 255 grams (roughly 9oz)
- You can pre-fry the bacon to give it a slightly crispier texture.
- I eat this cold for breakfast. I imagine you could reheat it and an oven or toaster oven would probably the best method for taste.
- Season egg dishes before you eat rather than while you bake.
- The nutrition info posted below is with the cheese included. The macronutrient breakdown without cheese is as follows
- Calories: 333
- Protein: 22g
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 7.66g