This is a favorite side dish in my house, and a great way to get in more dark leafy greens. The recipe calls for spinach, but this technique works well with pretty much any dark leafy green. Kale, beet greens, chard… nothing is really off the table.
- 1 can (or large bunch if fresh) of spinach
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp Butter from Grass Fed Cows
- Your favorite cheese (optional, shredded or crumbled)
- If you used fresh spinach, steam until limp and slightly darkened, if not, just go to step 2
- Drain and squeeze as much water as possible out of your spinach
- Heat a small to medium sized frying pan to medium heat
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the spinach to the butter, stirring to break up any clups and to make sure it doesn’t stick or burn
- Fry until the spinach is warmed through
- Roughly chop and add the garlic to the spinach
- Stir and fry until you can smell the garlic
- Plate and serve warm. If you choose to add cheese, stir a small amount in at this step.
- Serving size for the nutrition facts below is without cheese and a 2 person serving size, but there is nothing wrong with eating this entire thing. It’s delicious.